Study MBBS in Egypt
In India, MBBS is among one of the best professions. It is something that many students want to pursue as their career. But over the years, the medical education system has been a concern. There are lakhs of students who appear in medical exams like NEET; however, only a few Government Medical seats are available. And, when it comes to private universities, their donation fees are very high, which many of the students can’t afford.
In all these situations, some of the Foreign medical institutes pave the way for Indian Students to pursue MBBS from Abroad. One of the best opportunities for Indian students is to do MBBS in Egypt. Every year students from all over the world choose to do their medicine degree from Egypt. Egyptian Medical Universities provide high-standard education and are also approved by the National Medical Council (NMC). Known for low cost, expertise teaching, quality education, and modern healthcare facilities, it is the best option.
Egypt, country situated in the northeastern corner of Africa. Egypt’s heartland, the Nile River valley and delta, was the home of one of the primary civilizations of the antiquated Middle East and, similar to Mesopotamia farther east, was the site of one of the world’s most punctual metropolitan and proficient social orders. Pharaonic Egypt flourished for approximately 3,000 years through a progression of local traditions that were scattered with brief times of unfamiliar guideline.
MBBS in Egypt-Quick Facts
|Minimum Percentage Required||65% in PCB|
|NEET Requirement||Yes With Qualifying Marks|
|Total Fees||21 - 23 Lacs|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|Recognition||NMC and WHO Approved|
Why To Study MBBS in Egypt?
MBBS in Egypt has become one of the most demanding overseas education options among Indian and international students. Egyptian culture is one of the best-known in the world. It also enables students to learn more about ancient civilizations. Another important point is that the climate, Cost of Living, and learning environment are very similar to India’s. MBBS in Egypt is a 5+2 years program, i.e. 5 year degree of MBBS and 2 years of internship. But, if students want to do their internship in India, it will be for 1 year only.
The MBBS in Egypt is globally recognized. Even, World Health Organization (WHO) and the National Medical Council (NMC) have approved the degree from Egypt. Every university in Egypt charges an affordable fee, and its curriculum is of European Standard. Even during clinical rotation, students receive a massive number of choices in hospitals.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Egypt Universities
- Affordable costs: Egyptian universities offers Medical courses at an affordable cost. Most of the universities in Egypt are state-funded, so the total cost of doing MBBS is relatively low compared to India. The universities also have a scheme for deserving candidates to get scholarships. Also, these universities are well recognized by NMC and WHO.
- Easy Visa Application: You don’t have to wait for months or years to get a visa for Egypt. Their documentation process is very simple and will not take long to process your application. Just get your invitation letter, apply for a visa, and within 2 weeks, you will get it.
- No Language Barrier: The universities provide courses in English medium so that there is no communication problem for the students going from India or any foreign country. However, some universities can ask for TOEFL/IELTS scores for admission.
- Great Hospitality: MBBS in Egypt has a great environment and hospitality for international students. They provide fully furnished hostel rooms with attached AC, centralized heating system, internet facilities, water heater, Indian Mess where Indian food is provided, and other facilities such as Gyms, Swimming pools, etc.
- Job Opportunity: These Universities provide high-quality education to the students. Because of that, they will get ample opportunity to apply for jobs in any part of the world. Moreover, once you obtain the certificate to practice anywhere globally, they can get the country-wise certificate and practice medicine after graduation.
MBBS in Egypt- Eligibility Criteria For Indian Students
For MBBS admission in Egypt, the eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The age of the student must be between 17-25 years to study MBBS in Egypt.
- The students must complete the age by the 31st of December of the admission year.
- The student should have a minimum of 65% in chemistry, physics, and biology in their 12th
- NEET clearance with qualifying marks is mandatory.
Documentation of MBBS in Egypt
It is a straightforward process to get admission to MBBS in Egypt. Admission in Egyptian universities directly base on the marks obtained in the secondary examinationBelow mention is a list of documents required:
- Passport with a minimum validity of two years
- Medical insurance of the students.
- 10th & 12th Mark sheets copy
- Original Birth Certificate copy
- Medical fitness certificate
- 8 Small passport size photographs
- Invitation letter from the university
- Covid-19, AIDS & HIV Tests from a reputed hospital and attested by foreign affairs ministry.
Admission Process for MBBS in Egypt
The complete process for admission to MBBS in Egypt is as follows. Please go through once before apply.
- Open the university portal and apply
- Send scanned copies of certificates & documents.
- Within 48 hours, get your invitation letter.
- Pay first-year tuition fees within the given time window.
- Apply for a visa.
- Get the visa permit within two weeks.
- Inform your arrival date.
- Fly to Egypt and start learning.
'' Get FREE NEET-PG Notes & Unacademy Video Lectures After Taking Admission.''
Top Medical Universities in Egypt
|Name Of The University||Establishment||5 Years Tuition Fees|
|Cairo University||1908||3150 USD|
|Ain Shams University||1950||3150 USD|
|Alexandria University||1942||3150 USD|
|Mansoura University||1972||3150 USD|
|Menoufia University||1976||3150 USD|
Most Asked Questions About MBBS in Nepal
The total duration of the course for MBBS in Egypt is 5+2 years, which means a 5 year degree of MBBS and 2 years of internship. But, if students want to do their internship in India, it will be for 1 year only.
Yes. Egypt is safe for all the students despite their nationality and gender
Yes. The MBBS in Egypt is globally recognized. Even, World Health Organization (WHO) and the National Medical Council (NMC) have approved the degree from Egypt
No. MBBS in Egypt does require any entrance test. A student with 65% in 10+2 or equivalent is eligible to apply. However, NEET qualification is mandatory for Indian medical aspirants.
Yes. It is mandatory. In fact, Egyptian universities also offer coaching to prepare for your screening test
MBBS in Egypt is affordable, and most universities charge 6000-8000 USD per year, i.e. 4.3 lakhs – 5.8 lakhs approximately.